lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] (no subject) [pbuf's]

From: Kaos
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] (no subject) [pbuf's]
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:01:23 +0100

David Haas wrote:
The advantage of pool pbufs is that they can be much faster to allocate, very important if you are allocating them in a driver. I really feel that they should not disappear.

True, but it would be nice if it was possible to override them with another set (maybe it's feasible to do already, haven't looked too close at it yet) of functions already in use else where in the application. In my case, the memory functions are built upon a pool system as well, so it's kind of implemented twice.

// Andreas