lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] (no subject)

From: lukem . lwip
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] (no subject)
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:25:27 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> Does copy-on-queue work correctly for non-ROM REF pbufs?

Are you referring to pbuf_take()? The only place this seems to used is in
etharp.c - I currently just assert if pbuf_take() is called, though I have
never seen it happen yet. It should be very easy to implement this
function though.

This leads me to wonder about the implementation of ping - what if the
ping payload is not a RAM pbuf? My guess is at the moment it gets modified
in place, which might not be such a good idea. Should ping be calling
pbuf_take() as well?

--
Luke