lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] New pbuf code - pbuf take now implemented

From: Luke
Subject: [lwip-devel] New pbuf code - pbuf take now implemented
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:25:12 +1000 (EST)

Just checked in pbuf_take functionality. As far as I know this means all
the old pbuf functionality is now supported by the new pbuf code.

I really need some people to test it out under some different workloads to
see if any bugs show up. It has been working reliably for me for over a
month now, so I'm happy that at least the code path I use is working fine.

Would be good to get this tested and merged ASAP --- I now have the
go-ahead to work on improving lwIP performance under heavy loads now,
which will involve implementing the hashed-pcb-lists and such. I can
probably also implement proposed memory allocators too.

I would like to merge this stuff ASAP so that I don't have to work on a
branch of a branch to do the performance work --- our application requires
features provided by the new pbuf code to work.

Please checkout the pbuf-lukem branch --- it should now work out-of the
box for everyone (hopefully!).

--
Luke