lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] New pbuf code - pbuf take now implemented

From: lukem . lwip
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] New pbuf code - pbuf take now implemented
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:19:54 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Jani Monoses wrote:
> > Please checkout the pbuf-lukem branch --- it should now work out-of the
> > box for everyone (hopefully!).

^^^ note for people picking up this thread, the branch is actually called
lukem-pbuf.

> Luke, I appreciate the work you're doing although I could not test it yet.
> I just write so you don't think that people are not interested in your branch,
> and your mails fall on deaf ears.

Thanks for the reply.

> Indeed before merging this in HEAD we need some testers to confirm there
> are no regressions and there are advantages.

> Ideally the new pbuf should be just a drop in replacement for the
> current one, and that would mean easy integration too. I am not sure how
> much of lwip your code touches.

All it does is replace pbuf.c and pbuf.h with new code. All interfaces are
preserved.

> I hope I can check and test the code soon but no guarrantees :(

It really should be a drop-in replacement for everyone unless you want to
actually make use of the new features. All exisiting code should continue
to work without modification.

--
Luke