lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Suggestion re ARP

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Suggestion re ARP
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 03:05:22 +0200

Leon Woestenberg wrote:

As currently, the outgoing packet queue is still under development
(stable, but lacking support for >1 packet) I will leave it this way.

Update: I just finished the queueing implementation and committed it to
HEAD.

BTW, I have to decide on a way to balance the amount of packets on
queue, and a heuristic to throw them away after ARP timer ticks.
RFC on that one...

I free the queue after the ARP entries expire. For pending entries
(where the queue is for), this is after 10 seconds. This means
that if the lwIP host is continuously sending packets to a
host that will not resolve, we will pretty soon run out of pbufs.

This will affect the ability to send to resolved, or resolvable
hosts.

So, I think I need to limit to amount of packets on the queue,
either by a global counter, or a maximum per ARP entry.

Leon.