lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] TCP ack timing

From: Peter Graf
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] TCP ack timing
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 10:36:37 +0200

Mountifield, Tony wrote:

Anyway, I think that even with that change the original poster would see the same problem, as the max segment size
must be less than half the receive window for the algorithm
to work.

The strange thing I'm finding is that by taking the MSS back down to smaller
values, my lwip system crashes, so I'm wondering whether there is some problem
with that algorithm on my system.

The window size is still currently 2048.

If I make the MSS 128, 256 or 512, and then send the data stream to it, it
crashes very quickly. If I make the MSS 1000 it crashes after a while. If I
make the MSS 1024 it appears to be ok.
I have seen from an old comment in my code, that setting the window size larger than 2*MSS caused hanging my system, too. However this was much earlier than 0.7.0, and somewhere before 0.7.0 the problem seemed to have disappeared. I still have strange effects, but they appear extremely seldom, so I don't know wether they are still related. Just to let you know that you're not the only one who had the effect.

All the best
Peter