lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] inet_ntoa()

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] inet_ntoa()
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:00:56 +0200

Hello Tony,

There is currently a bit of confusion between char and u8_t, which causes warnings with compilers that treat char as signed (the C
u8_t is meant to be an unsigned char, and some of the "bugs fixed" by people were actually errs in the platform dependent "cc.h" where u8_t was simply said to be a "char"
instead of an unsigned char.

standard says it is implementation dependent whether plain chars are signed or
unsigned). I wanted to change the types so that u8_t is used to extract the
bytes from the address, but plain char is used for the output string and the
characters in it, to match the return type of the function. Here is my proposed
diff, that I haven't committed yet:

Looks a sane change, so please commit.

Regards, Leon.