lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Bug in ethernetif.c

From: Johan Karel Maria Dams
Subject: [lwip-devel] Bug in ethernetif.c
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 11:25:37 +0300 (EET DST)

Hi all,

Over the weekend I've updated my LwIP port from 0.5.3 to the new 1.0
It's a huge change between the two and the new code definately deserves
the 1.0 status! Well done!

There is one thing I found however.
In the ethernetif.c skeleton file, the function ethernetif_init() is
returning void, but this should be err_t, as it is used in netif.c as
follows:
if (init(netif) != ERR_OK) {
    return NULL;
  }

Not much of a bug, but maybe a little inconvenience for people following
this skeleton file when implementing a driver.

Best regards,
Johan Dams