lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bugs #11126] ARP table is filled with tcp network broadcas

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bugs #11126] ARP table is filled with tcp network broadcasts
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 09:36:21 -0500

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: lwIP - A Lightweight TCP/IP stack.

[bugs #11126] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Leon Woestenberg <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Thu 11/25/2004 at 14:30 (Europe/Amsterdam)

I do not understand the summary: "ARP table is filled with tcp network
broadcasts". Does this mean when broadcast traffic appears, the ARP cache
becomes full? Or do you mean the ARP cache becomes full with broadcast
addresses?

In the first case, this is intended behaviour AFAIK.

[bugs #11126] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: lwIP - A Lightweight TCP/IP stack
Submitted by: 0
On: Thu 11/25/2004 at 11:14

Category:  ARP
Severity:  5 - Average
Item Group:  Faulty Behaviour
Resolution:  None
Privacy:  Public
Assigned to:  None

Original Submission:  See lwip users mailling list 24/25 Nov 2004 for patch

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Thu 11/25/2004 at 14:30       By: Leon Woestenberg <likewise>
I do not understand the summary: "ARP table is filled with tcp network
broadcasts". Does this mean when broadcast traffic appears, the ARP cache
becomes full? Or do you mean the ARP cache becomes full with broadcast
addresses?

In the first case, this is intended behaviour AFAIK.

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=11126>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/