lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Latest lwip not working

From: David Haas
Subject: [lwip-devel] Latest lwip not working
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 17:29:59 -0500

Hi folks,

We recently shipped our product based on LWIP in to the field and some customers were reporting a problem with an assertion in ARP. I know that is due to a race condition in my implementation which uses an interrupt (High level interrupt which is a feature of our OS). I added some protection in the driver which which I think will make this problem go away.

However, at the same time I decided to synch my code with the latest lwip at the HEAD (always dangerous I know). When I did that, I had some strange delays in my tcp connections when I ran my ftp server on top of it. Also, lwip seemed to run out of steam quickly and I started getting dropped packets and I don't know why. I'm sorry that I don't actually have time to really debug this. I wish I did. I backed out some, but not all of the changes, so this might give some folks a clue.

Basically, I am talking about changes since August 1 because that is the last time I synch up with HEAD. The changes to the following files are in my current code and it seems to work fine:

ip_addr.c
ip.c
ip.h
ip_addr.h
etharp.h
etharp.c

The following changes are not in my current code and while I am sure the cuprit is small, I just ran out of time to fool with this:

tcp_out.c
tcp_in.c
tcp.c
tcp.h
inet.c

I'm sorry I can't be more specific or have time to debug this, but I just thought I would tell you all about the results of my testing.

Regards,
David.