lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] ICMP sockets

From: Vinay Purohit
Subject: [lwip-devel] ICMP sockets
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:46:58 -0500

Hello,

Can sockets be used in LWIP for sending/receiving ICMP messages? If so, what
arguments should be used when calling lwip_socket()? I've tried
lwip_socket(AF_INET, SOCK_RAW, IP_PROTO_ICMP) but that doesn't work well.
Specifically, I  see corrupted ICMP messages when another node might be
pinging an Lwip node at the same time that the lwip node is also the
initiator of ICMP echo requests for a different session. Any
suggestions/recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Vinay Purohit
Lucent Technologies
908 582 7770