lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] SSL for lwIP (new project?)

From: Brian White
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] SSL for lwIP (new project?)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:23:53 -0400

Have you looked at OpenSSL?  It's used on tons of embedded platforms.
IMO, SSL doesn't really belong as part of the IP stack.

I know it well. It's also huge as it supports everything. It might be possible to trim it down, but I don't expect so.

SSL is part of the IP "OSI" stack; it's just at layer #6, "presentation" (i.e. above "session" and below "application").

                                          Brian
                                 ( address@hidden )

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors
      to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success
              unexpected in common hours."  -- Henry David Thoreau