lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #16495] Regarding Packet Loss in UDP mode - LwIP TCP/I

From: Wilson, Clive
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #16495] Regarding Packet Loss in UDP mode - LwIP TCP/IP stac k
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 09:27:14 +0100

>Details:
>
>Hi,
>   I am facing a problem of packet loss in UDP mode across network, from the
>ADSP-BF533 board to PC, through Ethernet connection using USB LAN EZ extender
>card.
>
>Also, when we try to give sleep(100)for every packet, this packet loss won't
>be there.
>
>I don't want this sleep(100), because of the delay.
>
>We approached Analog Devices Support Team, they suggest to contact you
>regarding the stack implementation.
>
>Please help me to overcome this problem.
>
>Thanking You,
>Revathy

Revathy,

You mention that you're using the BF533 EZ-Kit. Are you using an ADI emulator with this board, or maybe the built-in emulator on the board? If so, try turning off the debug stream. This data is carried over the JTAG connection, and is managed very poorly. Basically, the processor is stopped to send any host I/O data over the JTAG link, then started again. If the amount of debug is very small and infrequent you might get away with it. However, I wasted two weeks chasing the reason for why I was losing a lot of received data (I was convinced the stack was at fault), when I eventually discovered that turning off the debug output stopped the octet loss!

Try it, it may work...

Kind regards,

Clive Wilson