lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Using lwIP in Xilinx Gigabit System Reference Design (G

From: Sathya Thammanur
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Using lwIP in Xilinx Gigabit System Reference Design (GSRD)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:46:53 -0700

HI Ilandre,
Technically I dont see anything that would prevent such an effort to happen. The key thing is to write the temac adapter that works with lwIP stack. Since the new version of lwIP does allow for hardware checksum computation, it should not be an issue to get the design working. If you have Treck adapter code, then you can model the lwIP solution along the same lines. Note that in order to get the Sockets API working you will need kernel features support and hence you might have to use the xilkernel that ships with EDK.

Alternately, if using RAW API (simpler to port than Sockets), then the port should be relatively simple.

I would be interested in knowing about your efforts if you are able to get this working.

Sathya