lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #19167] tcp timeout handler can cause crash being invo

From: Andreas Becker
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #19167] tcp timeout handler can cause crash being invoked by sys_sem_wait()
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:01:15 +0000

Hi,

I prepared my own patch. It removes all timeout handling in the function
sys_sem_wait(). These function is now only blocking.

All timers ar executed, at the sys_mbox_fetch() call.
If we start to handle a message from the Queue, we remember this timestamp.
After messagehandling, we just calc the runtime and pehaps execute some more
timer.

Problem:
No more Timers are executed, while waiting for a semaphore. Pehaps sombody
(e.g. me) has to revisit his own code for lines like:
sys_timout(_timeout_post_sema, 500)
sys_sem_wait(my sema);  // Wait for 500 ms

And use the function sys_sem_wait_timeout()

I think with this solution, no more timers are executed, while waiting for
semaphores and waiting for Semaphores will be much faster.
Do you agree?

(file #12063, file #12064, file #12065)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: sys_sem_no_timeouts.sys_arch.h.patch Size:2 KB
File name: sys_sem_no_timeouts.sys.h.patch Size:2 KB
File name: sys_sem_no_timeouts.sys.c.patch Size:4 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19167>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/