lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #5789] Integrate DHCP timer into tcpip_thread

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #5789] Integrate DHCP timer into tcpip_thread
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 11:03:41 +0000

Follow-up Comment #6, patch #5789 (project lwip):

>Exactly. But then you would set LWIP_DHCP to 0 wouldn't you? Since it's an
embedded application, either you know that DHCP is needed or not, or (if it's
configurable) your system has to be able to work fast enough with the timer
on, anyway.

Yes, I'm in second case (it's configurable), but even if in each timer
function, first task is to check each netif's dhcp field, it add a timout
handler in the tcpip_thread. But I don't think this is an important overhead
(but I will measure it).

Always about thread-safe, if you want to stop dhcp on an netif (change from
dhcp config to static config), there is no way to call dhcp_stop inside
tcpip_thread. A new apilib.c message will help to avoid a crash between these
concurrent calls: dhcp_stop (application context), dhcp_coarse_tmr &
dhcp_fine_tmr (tcpip_thread context). Same for dhcp_start.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5789>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/