lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] testing methods

From: Taranowski, Thomas \(SWCOE\)
Subject: [lwip-devel] testing methods
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:01:06 -0500

At the risk of being drug into the street and mauled by angry developers, I’d like to know if we have any sort of informal test framework for the lwIP stack.  I’m pretty confident we all sort of run our own test suite anytime we roll a new build into our respective ports, but I don’t think we have any shared method.

Now, I’m currently working on developing a test suite for my own needs, which will be fairly comprehensive, with respect to the BSD socket layer.  I’d like to propose to my management that we release this to the lwIP community for further enhancement and support.  The primary reason for doing this is because I think it will result in a better product, but another reason, perhaps more compelling for some, is because we’re all doing our own testing thing, and it would be more efficient if we could collaborate on a shared test framework.

Before I work up my proposal, I’d like to know if we already have something, and if anyone else thinks this would be a useful addition to our lwIP project.