lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #19162] lwip_sendto: possible to corrupt remote addr/p

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #19162] lwip_sendto: possible to corrupt remote addr/port connection state
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 08:55:29 +0000

Update of bug #19162 (project lwip):

                Severity:                1 - Wish => 3 - Normal
              Item Group:          Change Request => Faulty Behaviour
             Assigned to:                 fbernon => kieranm

Follow-up Comment #6:

Hmm, interesting.  I think I understand what you're describing.  One thing
I'm not sure about is why the response from the linux stack results in an
ICMP destination unreachable - if the socket is still connected to the
address/port used for the send, surely the reply (which I assume is bound for
that address/port) will be received correctly?

However, I can see that there needs to be some protection in this function.
Implementing it in the current architecture would be tricky, and it would
become something of a special case.  I'm tempted to "fix" this bug by
removing the lwip_sendto() function.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19162>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/