lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] pbuf_pool_free_lock never "used"

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] pbuf_pool_free_lock never "used"
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:06:13 +0000

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 09:55 +0100, Frédéric BERNON wrote:
> Hi, in pbuf.c, if SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT==0, a static volatile u8_t
> pbuf_pool_free_lock is declare. pbuf_init set it to 0, but its values
> is never change, just check in pbuf_pool_alloc. An error, or an
> obsolete code?

This has been noted before, but as we're undecided about what to do with
SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT (which has much bigger problems than this), nothing
has been done.  I'm tempted to remove the SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT=0 code
(and replace it with an assert in case anyone is using it, as it is
currently broken and no one is sure how to fix it.

Kieran