lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #11400] ARP multi-packet-queue modifies TCP unsent/una

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #11400] ARP multi-packet-queue modifies TCP unsent/unacked segment packet pbuf chain into packet queue
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 05:12:11 +0000

Re Simon's comment #15

I may be missing something here, but I'm a bit worried we're all getting our
knickers in a twist unnecessarily. Simon was worried about this data also
existing in the TCP send queue. Looking at tcp_enqueue(), the data must
either already have been marked by the user as not needing to be copied, or
it will be copied into a PBUF_RAM. I do not see a way for a PBUF_REF to get
sent to the ARP layer from TCP. I'm perfectly willing to be corrected on this
:-).

Secondly, Simon says "that's the way it's solved right now (in CVS HEAD)".
What are you referring to here? Using a list of small structures is not
what's in CVS.

Finally, you imply there would be a memory leak because of the pbuf_ref. But
that's what the ARP timer is for - it will pbuf_free the queue (via its head)
when the timeout has expired for that entry.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?11400>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/