lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #19161] lwip_select mishandles sub 500us delays

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #19161] lwip_select mishandles sub 500us delays
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:57:49 +0000

I'm not sure I understand quite what the problem is here, but documenting
that anything less than 1ms in timeout will be rounded up is a good idea.
Rounding it down to 0 (as it was) was clearly incorrect behaviour.

If we're waiting for 1ms when doing a polling operation that is clearly not
right though, because that should by definition return straight away.

If 1ms timeout is being used to by ports to achieve polling-like behaviour
that is a bit more problematic as we can't then tell the difference between a
genuine 1ms timeout and a "I'd really like a poll" 1ms timeout.  Perhaps this
is what you're suggesting the tryfetch/trywait for?  If we could introduce
these in a backwardly compatible way (so that ports can use them if they
wish, but current semantics maintained) that would be good.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19161>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/