lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #11400] ARP multi-packet-queue modifies TCP unsent/una

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #11400] ARP multi-packet-queue modifies TCP unsent/unacked segment packet pbuf chain into packet queue
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:08:38 +0000

Update of bug #11400 (project lwip):

             Assigned to:                    jifl => goldsimon

Follow-up Comment #27:

As I understand it though there is a problem if it is the first pbuf in the
packet (other way round to Simon in comment #25) as then if it is part of a
queue something else which you don't have access to right now will be
pointing at it.  This other pointer would need changing.

I think I'd prefer to go with copying out any REF containing packets.  Other
things might work, but there will be some tricky corner case (e.g.
application making it's own REF pbufs and sending through TCP) which will
break some of our assumptions and things will go wrong in strange ways.

Assigning to Simon.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?11400>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/