lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #19157] lwip_close problems

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #19157] lwip_close problems
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:33:06 +0000

OK, thanks. I understand it better now.

lwIP should guarantee reliable transmission of the data, but I don't think it
needs to block the application to do this.  It can send the remaining packets
from timers for example.

The problem is that lwip_close() is calling netconn_delete().  What we really
want to happen is for the connection to delete itself once the connection is
finished.  i.e. Once it has got to the CLOSED TCP state (for TCP
connections).

Perhaps a possibility would be for lwip_close() to either:
 i) do netconn_delete if the connection is already finished
 ii) or mark the connection as "needs delete" and then do the
netconn_delete() once it has reached the CLOSED state.

Not sure how this would work in practice though, particularly without adding
special case code into the core to support this.  Perhaps we could have a
"connection is closed" callback that would be set by lwip_close in case (ii)
above, and this callback would then do the delete?

Any other ideas/thoughts?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19157>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/