lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #19157] lwip_close problems

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #19157] lwip_close problems
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:27:13 +0000

Okay, I think we need to be clear here... my understanding of the current
state is that do_delconn() will call tcp_close(). tcp_close() will send a FIN
and move the connection to FIN_WAIT_1. That FIN is also added to the unacked
queue, and will be retransmitted as needed in tcp_slowtmr().

So the data transfer should be reliable. The only exception is if there is an
error, in which case that error should be passed right back up to the user.

But in the normal case, there isn't an error, all data should be relably
sent, and the stack waits for an ACK. All this happens in the "background" as
far as the application is concerned - control returns to the application,
possibly before data has all actually been sent. But it will be sent.

This is all correct behaviour.

Implementing SO_LINGER is a different issue. The default is indeed disabled
(non-blocking). I personally don't see a need in lwIP for SO_DONTLINGER.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19157>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/