lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #19157] lwip_close problems

From: Per Strandh
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #19157] lwip_close problems
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:53:18 +0000

Hi,

I'm using lwip in an embedded device (which uses the raw API).

I've used the SO_LINGER option in the "Windows" side when communicating with
my devices.
When one sends one large chunk of data (using TCP) and the send() command
fails due to timeout (slow network or some other problem), one must close the
socket without using lingering.
Otherwise the Win32 TCP/IP stack will complete the transmission.

Normally when a send() command fails some upper layer in the application uses
re-transmissions. Therefore it's important that a failed transission due to
timeout isn't completed by the TCP/IP stack itself.

In Windows SO_LINGER==1 is default when the option isn't set/specified.

Regards
/Per/

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19157>

  Meddelandet skickades via/av Savannah