lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #19347] netif_add & tcpip_init problem

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #19347] netif_add & tcpip_init problem
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 14:07:49 +0000

> Nevertheless, I think it's ok to just insist that netif_add should only be
done after tcpip_init_done (from the callback directly or by some other
means). By just making that a fact of policy, we can get rid of these checks.

I think that's not necessary: adding can be done before, only netif_set_up()
has to be called in tcpip_init_done(). And the interface has to check if it
is up when receiving (it should do this anyway...).

Regarding performance, you gain nothing (checking if netif is up compared to
mbox!=SYS_MBOX_NULL). An besides, one null-pointer check compared to the
whole mbox-processing is not that much...

Going back to the original post:
Half of this whole discussion would better fit into patch #5798, I think.
I agree that _this_ bug can be closed as illegal as long as we agree on
waiting to enable netifs until tcpip_init_done() is called.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19347>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/