lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #19347] netif_add & tcpip_init problem

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #19347] netif_add & tcpip_init problem
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:35:58 +0000

> I think that's not necessary: adding can be done before, only
netif_set_up() has to be called in tcpip_init_done(). And the interface has
to check if it is up when receiving (it should do this anyway...).

Not sure to understand. Where is it say that interface have to check if is up
(with netif_is_up is suppose) to process packets? I never read that. More, if
it's right, how can DHCP works? Because it is after server responses it "up"
this interface. Can you give me more details about that please?

>I agree that this bug can be closed as illegal as long as we agree on
waiting to enable netifs until tcpip_init_done() is called.

I prefer to close it later, after the patch for dynamic interfaces (if it's
ok for you).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19347>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/