lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #19347] netif_add & tcpip_init problem

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #19347] netif_add & tcpip_init problem
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:45:55 +0000

> Not sure to understand. Where is it say that interface have to check if is
up (with netif_is_up is suppose) to process packets? I never read that. More,
if it's right, how can DHCP works? Because it is after server responses it
"up" this interface. Can you give me more details about that please?

Sorry for the confusion, I did not read that anywhere, I just thought it was
unnecessary processor load if a netif posted to its input function if it is
down anyway. But I suppose you're right on DHCP...

I don't like the idea of adding a netif in tcpip_init_done(), though: I block
the heap functions after OS is running and try to do all allocation before
that. When I add the netif when tcpip_init_done() is called,
ethernetif_init() is called when OS is running... (so no heap action
allowed)

I would prefer the mbox!=SYS_MBOX_NULL check!

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19347>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/