lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #19347] netif_add & tcpip_init problem

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #19347] netif_add & tcpip_init problem
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 18:24:40 +0000

The second patch (file #12348) is about how I would do it. I don't think it's
too bad to separate netifapi_msg stuff from api_msg, I don't like the union
stuff too much, anyway...

Using the mbox of another union in the struct _is_ bad behaviour, of course.
But on the other hand, creating a semaphore with each call gives poor
performance. The optimal solution would be to let the netifapi_msg point to a
semaphore the user has to supply. It's not straightforward when creating the
struct, but that way, one semaphore can be enough for the whole application
(or one thread, at least).

Regarding different files: since the code has to run inside the context of a
thread in tcpip.c, I think it's OK to put the new code into that file, also.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19347>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/