lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #5834] Don't fragment flag

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #5834] Don't fragment flag
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 06:45:06 +0000

Follow-up Comment #16, patch #5834 (project lwip):

I think a reason to associate it with IP_REASSEMBLY is that if you can't send
to the other host without fragmentation, the other host won't succeed in that,
either.
UNLESS the other host
a) tries to find out the maximum MTU for the transmission path or
b) by default uses an MTU equal to or smaller than the maximum MTU of the
transmission path.

And since we don't inform the source of a fragmented packet that we can't
receive it (when IP_REASS==0), I think it's better to not generate them,
isn't it?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5834>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/