lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #5863] Use of mem_malloc should be reduced

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #5863] Use of mem_malloc should be reduced
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:07:36 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, patch #5863 (project lwip):

I think what Christiaan was getting at was that memory fragmentation is not a
big problem for us: no one has reported any problems with it, and we should
cope if memory allocations fail.  Because of this we should try and fix
problems that have been seen in the field as a priority.

I'm glad you have documented these issues - though it might have been better
as a "task" rather than a "patch" (as there is no patch) - as it's good to
know what we need to work on in the longer term.

By all means fix some of the simpler cases if you so wish.  Reducing the use
of mem_malloc, particularly if there were cases where we wouldn't fail
gracefully if it returned an error, is probably a good thing, but don't worry
about it too much!

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5863>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/