lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #2595] loopif results in NULL reference for incoming T

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #2595] loopif results in NULL reference for incoming TCP packets
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:59:57 +0000

Yes, you're right about netif and its input function pointer. Note there is
always will have to be remove I think.

#if 0 /** TODO: I think this should be enabled, or not? Leon */

Contrib modules initialize loopif like this :

#if LWIP_HAVE_LOOPIF
  IP4_ADDR(&gw, 127,0,0,1);
  IP4_ADDR(&ipaddr, 127,0,0,1);
  IP4_ADDR(&netmask, 255,0,0,0);

  netif_set_default(netif_add(&loopif, &ipaddr, &netmask, &gw, NULL,
loopif_init, tcpip_input));
#endif

if it possible/normal to use a loopif with other IP values than these ones?
If not, it would be good to declare const in loopif.h/.c.

loopif_poll() is a good idea and a good name.

I also think we have to clarify some define like NO_SYS,
SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT... and to have a explicit define for declare we use
tcpip.h/.c (LWIP_MULTITHREAD?), and another one to disable/enable
tcpip_callback and associated code is not necessary.

LWIP_MULTITHREAD (or LWIP_SEQUENTIAL_API, or other) will also help to not
build tcpip.c, api_msg, api_lib, sockets, if not define (I suppose we can add
a #error if these files are build with LWIP_MULTITHREAD=0).

If we change names for NO_SYS & SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT, we also can add #error
to inform and force users about changes...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?2595>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/