lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #5914] Move sockopt processing into tcpip_thread

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #5914] Move sockopt processing into tcpip_thread
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 08:09:29 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, patch #5914 (project lwip):

Hm, task #6837 and this patch are the same thing, I just wanted to send the
patch here instead of to the task... maybe that was wrong...

Directly calling tcpip_callback might really not be that good, but I'd figth
the argument of making this available to netconn API users. Socket options
are for sockets, and we don't have any corresponding thing in netconn API, do
we?

To me, this is another indication of the downside of having 2 sequential APIs
with one basing on the other: Since netconn API doesn't need sockopts, we can
either add netconn API code which isn't used or call tcpip_callback()
directly. Splitting the 2 APIs would be better in that case. But this is
another discussion, isn't it?

So we can either leave it like it is (setsockopt calling tcpip_callback()
directly) or create something like netconn_callback() which simply calls
tcpip_callback() maybe with automatic mbox synchronization). I'd vote for the
direct call, though!

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5914>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/