lwip-devel

RE : RE : [lwip-devel] Speed up lwIP

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: RE : RE : [lwip-devel] Speed up lwIP
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 22:55:50 +0200

>You can also replace all sys_mbox_fetch calls per sys_arch_mbox_fetch
And you also can replace the old sys_mbox_fetch (patched fy recv_timeout). But don't forget that some people want to keep the possibility to use sys_timeouts at "application level". But I think it's a bad idea to use internal lwip feature, "outside" lwip.

>sys_timeout ...The code would stay the same, you would only save one function call
Yes, but this call is not "cheap", and is in tcpip_thread, and, with arp, dhcp fine, dhcp coarse, igmp, ip, there is lot of time spend in sys_timeout... I will study something about that...

Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique
Microsoft Certified Professional