lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #5926] Use function pointers instead of table index

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #5926] Use function pointers instead of table index in api_lib/api_msg
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 07:53:39 +0000

Follow-up Comment #6, patch #5926 (project lwip):

>But If others really prefer the "define" solution, we can...

No no, it's OK. Maybe it's really better because that way we only would have
to change tcpip.c.
But couldn't we move the sys_mbox_post() there, too? Because we are waiting
for the mbox in tcpip_apimsg(), I think we should post in the same file. This
would also simplify the code in api_msg.c since I think there are some cases
(maybe only if the programmer violates the api) where the mbox isn't posted
and the calling thread would wait forever.

More, I think we could replace the conn->mbox by a conn->sem if we only post
empty messages...

>But if you see something I miss, tell me..

I just wanted to know what you are talking about, seems like I missed that
discussion. But no, I don't have anyting to add :-)
I think you can check it in like that (we can move the posting to the mbox
later, it's not anything you change with your patch)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5926>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/