lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #1902] Timeouts and semaphores/mailboxes are too tight

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #1902] Timeouts and semaphores/mailboxes are too tightly integrated
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 13:01:25 +0000

>- the timeouts/mailbox integration is a feature that is needed by tcpip.c
and therefore (at least in my opinion) not a bug.
>- the timeouts/semaphore integration is not needed / lead to bugs in the
past since normally a thread is not in a state to let timeouts run if waiting
for a semaphore (since most of the time semaphores are used as mutexes in lwip
code) therefore the timeout/semaphore integration could be thrown away
reducing sys_sem_wait to a direct call to sys_arch_sem_wait

We have already talk about that in several others threads, but isn't it the
time to tell that internal lwIP features shouldn't have to be used "outside"
lwIP ? I think to sys_mbox_post which could be replace by direct calls to
sys_arch_mbox_fetch in most of cases (in fact, I think in all cases, except
tcpip_thread)...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?1902>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/