lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] ASSERT in tcp_input when moving PCB to front

From: David
Subject: [lwip-devel] ASSERT in tcp_input when moving PCB to front
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 07:39:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hello guys, thanks for the hard work in lwip stack it
a very nice piece of code that helps out a lot of
people.

Now to the point, I am using lwip version 1.2.0 in my
code and in some occasions i get hit with the first of
the 2 ASSERTs you see below, before the pcb move. My
question is the list is supposed to be a linear list
that is NULL terminated, I was curious as to why these
asserts were there, i guess someone has ran across my
problem before and is protecting against it ? when and
how could this self linking happen ?

i didn't know if i should put this in the user or
devel list. I tryed the user list first and now I'm
here.

thanks for your help I can explain in more detail if
it sheds anymore light.

david

core/tcp_in.c
tcp_input

                   179:       /* Move this PCB to the
front of the
list so that subsequent
                   180:          lookups will be
faster (we exploit
locality in TCP segment
                   181:          arrivals). */
                   182:       LWIP_ASSERT("tcp_input:
pcb->next !=
pcb (before cache)", pcb->next != pcb);
                   183:       if (prev != NULL) {
                   184:         prev->next =
pcb->next;
                   185:         pcb->next =
tcp_active_pcbs;
                   186:         tcp_active_pcbs = pcb;
                   187:       }
                   188:       LWIP_ASSERT("tcp_input:
pcb->next !=
pcb (after cache)", pcb->next != pcb);
                   189:       break;

 for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase.
http://farechase.yahoo.com/