lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #5960] Enable multithread send/recv operations on sa

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #5960] Enable multithread send/recv operations on same socket on TCP netconns
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 14:14:35 +0000

Follow-up Comment #9, patch #5960 (project lwip):

>Yes, eCos for example has this issue - mboxes are a fixed size. Even for
variable size queues, ultimately it can fail - memory has to come from
somewhere!

Good to know, I will use it in a future project

>not all OSes have per-thread data

Mine none, but I a memory, so, I have a static table indexed per task id. I
will look in ecos port how it implement that. Note, than  now, timeouts are
mainly used by tcpip_thread (exceptions are select & PPP)...

>More importantly what do you do when threads go away? lwIP may not be told.

Yes, it's true. In my project, my threads configuration is pretty static, but
it's not the case for everyone...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5960>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/