lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6827] etharp could need some tuning

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6827] etharp could need some tuning
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 13:55:33 +0000

About comment#8, sorry, I forgot "not": you would say " should not have a
high cost."

So, about comment#12, agree for the pointer, and for the list (if it's an
option).

About comment#16: like Jonathan, I'm not so afraid about options (even if I
can understand that too many options can make difficult to tune the stack).
But one other interesting thing he said is "Am I atypical? Are people really
usually communicating simultaneously with many hosts on the same subnet? ". I
think that people use lwIP on very different targets and on very different
uses. It will be great to organize a poll to study how users use lwIP. For
the "lw" side? For the open source side (free, active communauty, port
available...)? Because there is lot of features, compare to stacks like µIP?
It will be good to know all that...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6827>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/