lwip-devel

RE : [lwip-devel] tcp_connect failure not calling connected callback

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: RE : [lwip-devel] tcp_connect failure not calling connected callback
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 09:23:49 +0200

Hi,

>From memory, with callback api (LWIP_CALLBACK_API=1, which is the default
>value), tcp_connect is asynchrone (the function return without waiting a error
>condition or the real connection).

If you want a "sample" for that, look api_msg.c file (the "raw" part of the
sequential api). If I resume, a tcp client would be initialize like this (no
error checking to simplify):

tcp_pcb* pcb = tcp_new();
tcp_arg(pcb, your_arg); /* "your_arg" is a "user data", any value you want to
get when callbacks are invoked */
tcp_recv(pcb, recv_tcp); /* set "recv callback" */
tcp_sent(pcb, sent_tcp); /* set "send callback" */
tcp_poll(pcb, poll_tcp, 4); /* set "poll callback" */
tcp_err(pcb, err_tcp);   /* set "error callback" */
tcp_bind(pcb, ipaddr, port);
tcp_connect(pcb, ipaddr, port, do_connected); /* set "connected callback" */

After that, the final "result" is known when "do_connected" XOR "err_tcp" is
called. If you really want to be sure, process both cases (do_connected with
err!=ERR_OK, and err_tcp), and in general, in any callback which provide an
erro code (like recv_tcp)...

Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique