lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #5914] Move sockopt processing into tcpip_thread

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #5914] Move sockopt processing into tcpip_thread
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 17:11:34 +0000

Follow-up Comment #28, patch #5914 (project lwip):

> The general idea is to add in struct api_msg_msg, a new substruct "opt" in
the union :

That would work but it has two disadvantages:
- struct api_msg_msg gets bigger
- members are added to struct api_msg_msg that are only used for sockets.

Also, to integrate that cleanly in the existing layout, we would have to
create functions like do_setsockopt residing in api_msg.c which wouldn't work
because they would have to access the struct lwip_socket defined in
sockets.c!

Don't get me wrong, I don't think using tcpip_callback is the cleanest way to
do it, but I also don't favour the other ways...

> Another thing I don't like with that, is the fact to have to communicate
with tcpip_thread just for set options.

Neither do I , but it's the way it's solved for now, and I can't change it
(as long as we don't move to mutex-locking, of course)!

I'm eager to on that, though. Only some bugs and patches left!

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5914>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/