lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] udp + udp lite: shrink code size

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] udp + udp lite: shrink code size
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 08:27:02 +0200

 > Does anyone have something against compressing udp code by combining
similar code (around checksum checking / generation) and keeping the
differences (checksum length, ip_proto) in local variables?
> That would make the code a little smaller and easier to read.
> I'll take this like always after a few days: silence == agreement :-)

Or maybe it's even better to create an ifdef for the whole udp lite
protocol? I don't think many people are using it (since it only makes
sense if the ethernet crc can be checked partly, also) and it would make
the code a little smaller (as would my above suggestion, but using an
ifdef the normal udp code would be smaller/faster).

Simon