lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6994] Redesign Socket Layer with LWIP_TCPIP_CORE_LOC

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6994] Redesign Socket Layer with LWIP_TCPIP_CORE_LOCKING
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:37:25 +0000

I've worked on that a little and I attach a patch that does the following:
- remove LOCK code from sys.c to be cleaner, instead LOCK/UNLOCK all
timer/timeout functions
- LOCK in tcpip_thread only when a message is processed, UNLOCK after
processing (before waiting for next message)
- LOCK in tcpip_ethinput and call ethernet_input directly (this one should be
an option since it does not work if someone calls netif->input() from
interrupt context). The tcpip_thread is effectively used only for timeouts
then.

(file #13002)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: lock_core.patch                Size:3 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6994>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/