lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] Cleanout of old ports

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] Cleanout of old ports
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:20:53 +0200

> > Since I can't watch when the msvc6 port is moved into the 'old'
> > directory, I'm stepping forward as an 'active maintainer' for it
> > (since I've already done the job for some months now :).
> >
> > Is it possible to get the deleted files back (including their
> > history)?
>
> Oops, OK, sorry for moving that - I didn't realise you were

It's OK, I didn't really announce it...

> maintaining it.  I can easily get them back in the right
> place without history.
> Getting the history back might be harder.  How important is
> that to you?

Hhmm, I think it's not that important. But can't files be 'undeleted'
with CVS? We should be using SVN or something... :-)

> > Oh, and can we somehow create _simple_ example applications? That
> > would be a really greate benefit to making lwIP easy to port &
> > understand.
> > I don't really know what to include there, but I think it would be
> > better than having a http- and echo-server in the unix port, since
> > these 'applications' work on many platforms, not only unix. Also I
> > would like them to work with the msvc6 port without copying them
> > there!
>
> Agreed.  Perhaps we should just move them into the "apps" bit
> of contrib and see how things go from there.

Goo idea. I'll integrate that into a 'main.c' of the msvc6 port then.

> > And I'd like some kind of 'board' where people can post their
> > applications (including the lwIP version they are coded
> for) so that
> > existing code can be used by more people. This shouldn't be in CVS,
> > more like a wev service... Is there anyhing savannah can do for us
> > there?
>
> That is also a good idea.  I'm not sure what savannah
> provides there, but at worst if people were to send such
> things to the mailing list one of the admins could add them
> to a webpage on savannah.

I'm not sure the admins really want to do that... :-/
I'd favour a message board that allows text file attachments. Although
theses days, message boards are easily filled with spam...

Simon