lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6969] Review usage of conn->err in netconn layer

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6969] Review usage of conn->err in netconn layer
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 17:49:21 +0000

> since an err_tcp doesn't cause to free the pcb or the mbox

OK, not the mbox, but the pcb _is_ deleted when err_tcp gets called, and
therefore, err_tcp sets conn->pcb to NULL! That's why we have to check it!
(Oh, I just realized this is not thread-safe if we do it in api_lib.c... ! ->
that check must be moved to api_msg.c!)

I think the underlying functions must handle a state conflict (that can
happen only for tcp anyway), which at least tcp_write() does at the moment.

So as long as we check that conn->pcb is != NULL, I think that simply calling
the core function again, no matter what the last error was, is the best thing
to do.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6969>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/