lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20287] tcp_output_nagle sends too early

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20287] tcp_output_nagle sends too early
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:07:19 +0000

Sorry, my phrase was a little easy to misunderstand.

The
'if MIN(available_window_space, data_available_to_send) >= MSS {'
is currently implemented as
'pcb->snd_queuelen > 1'
which is wrong.

I think available_window_space is taken care of by tcp_output, so we don't
need to test this in the tcp_output_nagle condition.

As for data_available_to_send >= MSS: unfortunately, we can't check it like
that unless we change data segmentation in tcp_enqueue: I don't think it
makes sense delaying a segment if we wouldn't fill it anyway. Nagle algorithm
should avoid sending many small segments and since we're not able to fill all
segments, we should send every 'full' segment (i.e. segment which isn't
filled further).

That's why I propose to send when pcb->unacked contains more than one
segment.

Is this correct?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20287>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah