lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6930] Implement SO_LINGER

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6930] Implement SO_LINGER
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:32:44 +0000

> The problem isn't it more the call (in do_delconn) to
> tcp_abort "too early" ?

I think you might be right. As Jonathan posted in that bug,
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/setsockopt.html
says: "the system handles the call in a way that allows the calling thread to
continue as quickly as possible". But it has to send the data! On the other
hand, netconn_delete is called if you really want to free the netconn.

Maybe it's better to call netconn_close and there we should try again if
tcp_close fails. After that, we can safely call netconn_delete without
fearing that it aborts the connection, since it's already closed.

Otherwise, we implement the same problem twice. Maybe netconn_delete should
first call netconn_close so we can leave away the state tests in
netconn_delete that are already implemented in netconn_close.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6930>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/