lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20409] Add netif callback function for link change ev

From: Jared Grubb
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20409] Add netif callback function for link change event
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 20:55:46 +0000

Sounds good.

> 1/ I think we have to define - or recommend - exactly what codes to return
when the link is down, and when the MAC buffers are all full.

Since linkoutput is defined to return err_t, we can use ERR_CONN (link down).
ERR_BUF or ERR_MEM would work for other types of errors. I would suggest
creating a new bug to address this issue and the code changes required.

> 2/ I think we could something like netif->linkstatus...

Agreed. Would this be a mandatory feature of a version 1.3 driver, or would
it become optional via a flag (just like the status_callback function is)? I
would vote for mandatory, but I'm not sure how much support lwIP
traditionally allows for legacy code.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20409>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/