lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20409] Add netif callback function for link change ev

From: Jared Grubb
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20409] Add netif callback function for link change event
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:59:52 +0000

> it could need to add a new state inside each one, but IT IS a new state,
so, it's logical...

This whole up/down thing is a new feature to lwIP. We can define its behavior
however we want, but in the future we will have to provide
backwards-compatibility for it. I want to make sure we do this right the
first time around.

Using timers may be the "small code impact", but it still is ending up to be
a bit of work. I dont think this will ever be simple, so let's do this
"right", even if it means changing more than we'd like.

I say the timers idea is a bit too decentralized -- we have to handle the
static IP case as well, and that has no timers.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20409>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/