lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20409] Add netif callback function for link change ev

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20409] Add netif callback function for link change event
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 23:52:49 +0000

Som points from comment#25 to change:

No "netif timers" in the stack (but it can be internal to the driver). The
way to communicate the link change from the driver to the stack is decide by
the port (tcpip_callback, locking, no protection...)

About gratuitous ARP, let it synchrone in both "set_up" functions.

About DHCP, AUTOIP, IGMP, it could be done later (after all, these modules
work like this today, right?). We could improve them in next release.

And we add a recommandation to port maintainers to set NETIF_FLAG_LINK_UP by
default, to be compatible with future changes...

Like this, is it good for you Jared? Simon?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20409>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/